Subscribing to newsgroups on news.mozilla.org with the Outlook Express
1. Open Outlook Express and go to Tools -> Accounts.
2. In the Accounts window, click on "Add", and choose "News".
3. Next, you need to set your identity for this account.
Use whatever name you'd like, then click on "Next".
Then use whatever address you'd like, then click on "Next".
A few notes:
- a real name is always better than an alias
- don't use your first name only.
You'd be surprised how many people have the same first name as you.
4. Set the server name to news.mozilla.org, then click on "Next".
There is no information to enter on the next screen, so just click on "Finish".
5. Your news.mozilla.org account should appear listed in the accounts window.
Click on 'Close" to close the Accounts window.
6. You will then get a message asking you if you'd like to download the list of newsgroups for that account.
7. The Newsgroup Subscriptions window will appear, and download the list of available newsgroups from the server.
8. In the "Display newsgroups which contain" field, enter the newsgroup you want to subscribe to.
You can also enter part of the name.
9. Available newsgroups that match the search criteria will appear listed.
To subscribe to one of them, click on the newsgroup, and click on "Subscribe".
An icon will automatically appear to the left of the newsgroup name.
To subscribe to more groups, just repeat steps 8 and 9.
10. Click on "OK", and you're done.
Please read the Mozilla Forum Etiquette page before posting.