Subscribing to newsgroups on news.mozilla.org with Mozilla Thunderbird
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird and go to File-->New-->Other Account.
2. The "New Account Setup" screen should appear. news.mozilla.org is a Newsgroup account, then click on "Next".
3. Next, you need to set your identity for this account.
Use whatever name and address you'd like, then click on "Next".
A few notes:
- a real name is always better than an alias
- don't use your first name only.
You'd be surprised how many people have the same first name as you.
4. Set the server name to news.mozilla.org, then click on "Next".
5. Set the account name to news.mozilla.org then click on "Next".
(Using the server name, would probably be least confusing.)
6. Verify your account information, then click on "Finish".
7. Select news.mozilla.org in the folder pane (left pane), and click on "Manage Newsgroup Subscriptions".
8. The Subscribe window will appear, and download the list of available newsgroups from the server.
In the "Show items that contain" field, enter the newsgroup you want to subscribe to.
You can also enter part of the name.
9. Available newsgroups that match the search criteria will appear listed.
To subscribe to one of them, click on the newsgroup, and check mark the box to the right of it.
You can also click on "Subscribe", and a check mark will automatically appear in the corresponding box.
To subscribe to more groups, just repeat steps 8 and 9.
10. Click on "OK" to close the Subscribe window. The news.mozilla.org account will appear in the left pane. Double-click on it to show the newsgroups you are subscribed to and check all newsgroups for new messages.
Please read the Mozilla Forum Etiquette page before posting.